We are excited to be invited again this year to dance at the Christmas Wonderland Lights at Queens Park in Botanical Gardens. It is always a fun event Don't forget to invite your family and friends for a fun night out!
We are going to fit in some rehearsal time.
10/U and 12/U - Just a rehearsal during your normal class time on Friday
Monday 5:15 - 6:15 - Jazz 4 & 5, Inter Troupe and Solos
Monday 6:15 - 7:15 Senior Performance Team (your normal class time)
Monday 7:15 - 8:45 - Senior Troupe, Open Contemporary and Jazz 6
If you could please come, that would be great, it will give us an extra chance to rehearse before performing on Tuesday.
Tuesday 10th and Friday 13th of December
Meeting at 6:45pm
Gates Open at 7:00pm
Dancing at 7:30pm
Botanical Gardens - Queens Park
Meet at the Canon (on the right side, outside the Christmas Wonderland) - 6:45pm
Open Performance Team
12 and Under Performance Team
10 and Under Performance Team
Intermediate Troupe - to be advised
Contemporary 3 - to be advised
Jazz Groups to be advised
What to wear?
Most of you will have your costume already. Hip hop will receive their costume and Open Performance Team will get their Lyrical skirts back at our Monday night practice. Anyone without a costume will receive on Monday night.
Set List - not finalised yet
- Lara - Jazz Solo
- 10/U Ballet
- Jazz 5 Concert Dance
- Open Lyrical PT
- Jazz 4 Concert Dance
- Anna - Lucia Solo
- Jazz 6 Concert Dance
- 10/U Jazz
- Lily Solo
- Senior Contemporary
- Inter Troupe
- Mia - Solo
- 12/U Lyrical
- Open Jazz
- 12/U Ballet
- Senior Hip Hop
Any other soloists interested in doing their solo? Any groups I have missed?
*this set list is subject to change depending on availability of teams, troupes and soloists.
Hair - style
- Boys - neatly styled with gel
- Open teams - mid height straight slick pony tail
- 10/U & 12/U PTs - mid height bun using bun donut, net, pins and gel (no hair changes required)
- Hip hop Troupes - mid height straight slick pony tail
- Jazz groups - mid height bun using bun donut, net, pins and gel (no hair changes required)
* if your dancer is in teams and troupes and are unable to change their hair between items, it will remain in mid height bun.
- Boys - none required
- Open teams/Senior Troupe - Cover girl outlast all day shade '521', brown shades for eyeshadow, option (preferred) false eyelashes. Maybelline 24hr Colour stay 'Eternal Flame' lipstick.
- 10/U PT and Junior Troupe - Cover girl outlast all day shade '521', brown shades for eyeshadow; Maybelline 24hr colour stay 'continuous coral' lipstick
- 12/U PT and Intermediate Troupe - Cover girl outlast all day shade '521', brown shades for eyeshadow; Maybelline 24hr Colour stay 'Eternal Flame' lipstick.
Stockings & Shoes
As we are dancing outside in the elements, be mindful of keeping your very best stockings at home. Can you wear your 2nd best pair of stockings? Hole free but not your exam ones. No ribbons are required as we have fast changes. Elastics are fine for outdoor events!
Troupe - please wear black high top shoes and black socks.